Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
iThenticate at Einstein
iThenticate plagiarism-detection software is available to Albert Einstein College of Medicine students, postdocs, faculty, and staff who are registered library users. Priority is given to :
- Students in the Graduate Programs in the Biomedical Sciences
- Postdoctoral Fellows in the Belfer Institute for Advanced Biomedical Studies
iThenticate is a collaboration between the D. Samuel Gottesman Library and the Graduate Programs in the Biomedical Sciences.
To learn more about resources available to help you with your writing projects, please visit the Library's Author's Toolkit research guide.
Our iThenticate subscription authorizes a limited number of submissions. Please be judicious and limit your use of iThenticate to one submission for each of the following projects:
- Qualifying exams
- Manuscripts for publication
- Grant proposals
Each submission will generate a "Similarity Report" which highlights text that matches previously-published materials. Use this report as a guideline.
It is up to you to determine whether or not the similarity constitutes plagiarism and to make any necessary revisions to your manuscript.
What You Need to Know
- One document submission = 25,000 words. A document consisting of 25,0001+ words will count as two submissions. If possible remove title page and reference lists before uploading your manuscript.
- Use filters to fine tune reports. You can filter out:
- Specific phrases
- Bibliographies and reference lists
- Text in quotations
- Wait until you've finished writing and upload your final draft. Each time you revise a paper and resubmit, it will count as an additional new submission.
- Access to iThenticate is available to registered library users. Please make sure your library registration up to date.
- Fill out the Request an Account form.
- Look out from an email message from email@example.com. This message will contain instructions for logging in, including your temporary password.
- Your Einstein email address will be your login.
Please note: It may take up to 48 hours to process your account request.
iThenticate Document Viewer Walk-through
Here are some resources to help you get started with iThenticate: